RES: [postgis-devel] Autoprobing java source files

Gustavo Henrique Sberze Ribas gribas at cpqd.com.br
Wed Apr 20 04:29:34 PDT 2005

> > Now my question is whether this will work under non-posix
> environments,
> > especially the PostGIS/Windows packagers come in my mind.
> Can I expect
> > Windows java developers to have "find" installed?

 Nope. But nevermind, we don't have "make" either :) .

>  but on windows in order to getting .jar
> they have to use MinGW/Msys (used to build postgis and
> postgresql...) which
> contains "find"

 Nope. Just the SDK from Sun suffices.

 A JAR file is nothing more than a .zip full of .class files
organized in directories. If you want to make things easier
for M$ Windows users you should consider delivering the JAR
itself (not only the makefile) along with the binary distros.

 Or, if I may abuse your good will, you could deliver an Ant
(java version of "make") build.xml. :)

Best Regards,
Gustavo