[postgis-devel] RE: pgxs

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Apr 27 08:50:50 PDT 2005

Mark, your Makefile.pgxs was done in 0.9 branch times.
It looks like it was intended to be a single Makefile to
use when choosing pgxs mode. This can still be a good
layout, but things got complicated lately.

We now have a top Makefile.config and Version.in which
is included by about all subdirs.

Moreover, the pgxs does not tell anything about manual
pages and the like, and IMO does not give enough space
for module's data (talks about "random module data",
which would be dropped all in a single dir).

Are we sure we want to jump aboard ?
I'm not even sure we want to "mimic" this behaviour...

PostGIS might be grown enough for this.

--strk;