[postgis-devel] postgis_version() alias of postgis_full_version()?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Dec 15 15:51:55 PST 2005

This worries me, I don't want a small change in number format to
break backwards compatibility on our clients...

If we go to:

1.1.1 USE_GEOS USE_PROJ

Are we busted?  We are going to retain the USE_* strings, but make
them dynamically tested on actual library presence, so they will not
get inaccurate over time. That leaves the fluffing of the number as
the only change to postgis_version().  Does that still break things?