[postgis-devel] Spatial DB in a Box - Postgresql Bindings

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Thu Feb 17 05:20:23 PST 2005

Hi, Ron,

Ron Mayer schrieb:
> dblasby at openplans.org wrote:
>>You might be asking yourself how you can use a java library (JTS) in a
>>"C" program.  Well, I've figure out how to compile JTS
>
> Why wouldn't it use PL/Java for the stored procedures?
>  http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pljava/projdisplay.php

One problem might be that, currently, not all of the DBs support Java as
procedural language. A real problem is, however, that current PLJava has
no support for extended data types. See the discussion on the pgjdbc
mailing list some days ago.

Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich