[postgis-devel] release status

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Feb 21 08:17:04 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 04:01:35PM -0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> The -fPIC warnings are a little noisy but I don't think they will affect the
> resulting library. There are a couple of min/maxs that need to be replaced
> with the PostGIS equivalent along with a change for the 'byte' type.
> Interestingly enough, shp2pgsql/pgsql2shp show an issue trying to access the
> getopt() function too. I'm not sure about the vsprintf() error, although it
> looks as if it may be a bug in MingW.

byte has been changed to uchar, which is typedef'ed in liblwgeom.h.
lwgeom_estimate.c has been changed to use LW_MIN and LW_MAX macros.

The getopt() function is declared in getopt.h, but only when used
against GNU C lib, to avoid clashes on systems defining it in
stdlib.h (read comment there).

vsprintf is declared in compat.h, which is not included by vsprintf.c
itself.

Actually none of the above was a problem... anyway, 2/4 have been fixed.

--strk;