[postgis-devel] automatic BVOL on spatial columns

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Mon Jan 10 05:05:46 PST 2005

Hi, Strk,

How is the BBox Cache supposed to survive a dump/reload of the database?

If we go the way of making the BBox Cache a compile-time decision, we do
not have a problem.

But if it is to be done by the user manually, we have to make the cache
presence bit part of our canonical representation. (We do not have to
make the bbox itsself part of the canonical rep as we can recalculate it
at reloading.)

Thanks,
Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich