[postgis-devel] Re: [Fwd: PostGIS : shp2pgsql i18n patch.]

IIDA Tetsushi hogepiyo at nifty.com
Sat Jan 15 00:49:55 PST 2005

strk,
I checked rc1 now. Please let me point some out.

the patch for explanation was placed.
http://oi.nu/shp2pgsql/shp2pgsql.c.diff.txt

---
1) a UTF8 buffer is too short.
 The single byte character that is not compatible with ASCII,
 it is mainly changed into a 3 bytes UTF8 character.

 for example, in Shift_JIS, Single byte character 0x7e (overline)
 and The character of the range of 0xA1-0xDF (HALFWIDTH
 KATAKANA) is changed into a 3 bytes UTF-8 character.

 sample shapefile -> http://oi.nu/shp2pgsql/kanashape.zip

2) Escaping when both quote and backslash exist is not good.
 It is not processed even if a backslash is before the position
 in which the quote was found first.

 # The reason which was being made pointer processing with the
 # original patch is this.

3) #if USE_ICONV -> #ifdef USE_ICONV
   at line 423.

--