[postgis-devel] JDBC updates

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Tue Jan 18 09:28:22 PST 2005

Hi,

Just my current progress (see attachment):

- PostGIS 1.0CVS passes all tests from TestParser.java (see
  regression.txt inside the attachment)

- PostGIS 0.8 on the server side produces some errors. This is caused
  by the different handling of multi geometries:
  - Multiple MULTIPOINTS in the same GeometryCollection not allowed
    (weirdly, it seems to accept several MultiPolygons...)
  - MULTI* inside a GeometryCollection are flattened out
  - MULTI* EMPTY are not accepted on the server side (but, surprisingly,
    all other EMPTY types are accepted).

  I think we can live with those. They all are are caused by testcases
  not handled by my ancient PostGIS version, and not bugs in the code
  itsself.
  PostGIS 0.9 and TestServer.java still not tested by me.

- successfully tested pgjdbc.jar versions are:
  - pg74.214.jdbc3.jar
  - postgresql-jdbc3-7.4.2.jar
  - postgresql-8.0.309.jdbc3.jar

- I updated both the Makefile and the ant build.xml.
  (It's nerving that Make forces the user to keep track of all
   .java and .class files if you want to fully exploit the build
   dependency management, and to only build the changed files...)

- And the attached zip file does not include the binaries any more
  (halves the size :-)

Maybe Paul has enough time to have a small look at it. Should I announce
the next release on postgis-users, too, so we can get more to test it?

Have a nice try,
Markus