[postgis-devel] PostGis Extension

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Jul 4 10:13:07 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 12:07:07PM -0300, Joel da Silva wrote:

> dear friends,
> I am trying to implement a new set of spatial functions on PostGis
> but, I have some doubts to understand the source code of the PostGis,
> Where I can find documentation about the PostGIS?
> For example, for to insert a new function  "bool F(ARGS)", which files
> that I need to edit?
> thanks for your attention,
> best regards
> Joel

There is no source-level documentation of postgis available.

Entry point (from a postgresql prospective) is lwgeom/lwpostgis.sql.in
For plpgsql or sql functions all work is there.

For C functions I suggest you set up a completely new file and
include liblwgeom.h from it. Read that header file as a start point.

Feel free to ask more specific questions.