[postgis-devel] ready for 1.0.1 ?

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu May 19 09:47:02 PDT 2005

One month since 1.0.0. Changes since then:

PostGIS 1.0.1
?????
        - BUGFIX in shp2pgql escape functions
        - BUGFIX in 3d computation of lenght_spheroid
        - better support for concurrent postgis in multiple schemas
        - documentation fixes
        - BUGFIX in join selectivity estimator returning invalid estimates (>1)
        - jdbc2: compile with "-target 1.2 -source 1.2" by default
        - NEW -k switch for pgsql2shp
        - NEW support for custom createdb options in postgis_restore.pl
        - BUGFIX in pgsql2shp attribute names unicity enforcement
        - BUGFIX in Paris projections definitions
        - postgis_restore.pl cleanups

The bugtracker is still down so I could not query it yet.
I'd take a look at it before proceeding.

About the French projection I think the issue is still open but
I dunno how much time will it take to better understand the
problem. We fixed the proj4text but the srtext is untouched.
Also, we didn't understand the way +pm and +lon_0 actually
work since both "+pm=Paris +lon_0=0" and "+pm=2.337229166666667
+lon_0=2.337229166666667" give expected results.

Does anyone has other issues ?