[postgis-devel] Re: contribute it to PostGis project with EJB2 data implementation

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Wed Aug 30 01:57:09 PDT 2006

Dear Antonio,

Antonio Pace wrote:

> i finally have a stable version to deploy. The tool has been packaged in a
> .ZIP archive. Tell me if you need some different packaging too (i.e. .TGZ).

Thanks a lot, I just committed it to the PostGIS repository, in the
"jdbc2/ejb2" directory.

As I'm just at it, I'd like to reorganize the jdbc2 subdirectory a
little. As SVN allows for clean renaming and moving of files, I'd like
to rename the current jdbc2 directory to the more generic "java", and
then have jdbc and ejb2 as directories inside. Especially, as I'm
looking forward to the ejb3 work promised by norman barker, and my own
pljava (coming really soon now[TM] :-)

But this will break packaging scripts for deb/rpm etc, though the fix
will be easy.

Paul, Strk, what do you think about it?

> The "Using PostGIS Geometry Types with EJB2 -- Proof of Concept" software is
> a short collection of examples related to the use of PostGIS Java API with
> the EJB 2.x technology. You can have more details by having a look at the
> README file.

It looks promising, although I did not test it yet. But I'll hand it
over to the EJB experts here, maybe they can make use of it.

> P.S. Let me know if i have to take further steps about the CVS repository or
> about making the .ZIP archive available online.

No, it's all done, but it would be good if you could keep an eye on the
PostGIS lists to react on upcoming questions, bug reports and improvements.

> P.P.S. We are working to the english version of our site
> (http://www.geodetix.it/).

I look forward to it, as my italian language experience is limited to
ordering food in italian restaurants :-)

Thanks,
Markus