[postgis-devel] KML from PostGIS patch

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Dec 5 04:46:30 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:02:01PM -0600, Eduin Carrillo wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> I were looking for a fast way to produce kml code from PostGIS but AsKML
> function were just a Wish
> (http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?WishList) . Finally,
> this is a patch for revision 2531 to add the long waited AsKML function to
> PostGIS.

Hi Eduin, I took a look at your patch.
I'd reccomend you be explicit about supported geometry types
(there's a switch with a default case assuming it's a colelction).
I'm sure you copied that parts from other files, but since curved
geometries are being added we should actually be explicit
in *all* other files too to make sure a curve is not implicitly
considered a COLLECTION, resulting in a likely disaster.

Also, please consider adding a regress test for the function,
see the regress/ directory.