[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.1.7

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Tue Dec 5 11:17:50 PST 2006

All,
Just an FYI, I've added a few dozen functions that follow ESRI's ArcSDE
(mostly correct) implementation of the SQL/MM specifications.

http://edndoc.esri.com/arcsde/9.1/sql_api/sqlapi3.htm

Most of these functions are wrappers, exposing exiting PostGIS functions
to an ArcSDE API. It should be noted that not all functions are ported
exactly following the SQL/MM specs. (i.e. our geometry constructors
default to an SRID of -1, while the SQL/MM specs actually specify a
default of 0).

MarkL is currently putting a little documentation together for these.

Cheers,
Kevin