[postgis-devel] KML from PostGIS patch

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Thu Dec 7 02:53:23 PST 2006

Hi, Eduin,

Eduin Carrillo wrote:
> Sounds good. There is another function using this kind of wrappers what I can
> follow to do it? Regress tests are on the road too.

I've just created an example 'on-the-fly', using the EWKT function:

CREATE FUNCTION TransformedEWKT(geometry, int4) RETURNS text
AS 'SELECT asEWKT(transform($1,$2))' STRICT IMMUTABLE LANGUAGE SQL;

So if you expose your function as Foo(), you can add a TransformedFoo()
(or expose your function as PlainFoo, and add Foo() as wrapper).

This way, those people who don't need to transform first (because they
keep the data in a compatible coordinate system) can skip the
transform() overhead.

HTH,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org