[postgis-devel] estimated_extent & pg_statistic

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Mar 10 07:46:30 PST 2006

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 01:18:50PM -0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> [...]

Problem is that it will need to connect to the existing database
to see wheter the view is already available. This is similar to
the restriction about AGGREGATES and also about geometry_columns
definition changing between pgsql versions (stats columns).

This could also be done with a temporary plpgsql function, anyway
it will be more complex then current implementation, beside
perl ability.

> > estimated_extent is only available when building against pgsql >= 73
> > so no problem there.
>
> Are you sure? At this end, the only #ifdef I can see for USE_VERSION >= 73
> is in lines 1399-1415 of lwpostgis.sql.in, and estimated_extent() is
> definitely outside of it...

mmm.. it seems you're right. Good news we don't need it for < 80