[postgis-devel] new DumpRings(geometry)

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon May 22 04:05:32 PDT 2006

I've committed a new Set-Returning function for extracting
rings from a polygon:

	DumpRings(polygon)

Uses the already-available geometry_dump type for return,
which is the same returned by Dump(geometry).
The path element is *always* composed by a single element
in this case, being 0 for the shell and hole number for
each hole.

Making a new type for the specific purpose of this function
would make the soft upgrade procedure fail, so I think it's
better to bear the useless array field then forcing an
hard-upgrade.

Let me know if you disagree :)

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.