[postgis-devel] Bit widths in lwgeom

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Mon Oct 2 05:15:19 PDT 2006

Hi,

While working on the pljava support for PostGIS, I read
http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/trunk/lwgeom/SERIALIZED_FORM and
stumbled across the following problem:

It says that the bbox coordinates are 16-bit floats, and the real
geometry coordinates are 32-bit floats.

AFAICS from the code, the bbox coordinates are 32-bit floats (IEEE
single precision on most current platforms), and the geometry
coordinates are 64-bit floats (C-Type double, IEEE double precision on
most current platforms).

Strk, do you agree that this is da documentation mistake? If yes, I'll
commit a fix.

Thanks,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org