[postgis-devel] Re: PostGIS datastore creation

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 10:34:42 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 09:53 -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Mateusz,
>
> Go ahead with the assumption that you can just issue a "CREATE
> DATABASE <dbname> WITH TEMPLATE = 'template_postgis' "  and we'll
> work on making sure that template_postgis exists at the server
> side...  You might want to check the existence of the template as
> part of seeing if you'll advertise this capability to clients.
>
> Paul

Hi everyone,

I'm just putting the final touches to the Win32 PostGIS installer, and
wanted to check with everyone that "template_postgis" should be the name
of the PostGIS template database (as opposed to just "template_gis")?
I'd like to get this right before I do the next release... :)

Kind regards,

Mark.