[postgis-devel] Preparation for 1.3.2 release #2

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Sun Dec 2 14:41:55 PST 2007

> My only slight question is regarding the new CURVE types: at the moment
> I've restricted the (E)WKB parser so that the only restriction for point
> arrays for geometries of type CURVE is that they must have a minimum of
> 3 points. Is this correct? I'm not too familiar with the curve types,
> but since all regression tests pass (and I've tried converting all the
> examples in the documentation between WKT/HexEWKB) so I don't think I
> can be too far off. Comments anyone?

Are we still only concerned with circular curves?  If so, they require
an odd number of points greater than three.  Each circular segment is
defined by three points, sharing only the last one with the previous
segment.

--
Mark Leslie
Software Architect

Commercial Support for Geospatial Open Source Software