[postgis-devel] Hi About postgis extensions

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 02:06:34 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 23:29 -0600, Chengyang wrote:
> Hi,
> I am planning to develop a extension for GROUP BY in postgis.
> Could anyone tell me where to start from?
> I can barely find any document on PostGIS development.
> I am good at java. Is there anyway to work with Java to do this?
>
> Fondest Regards
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

It depends what you are trying to do. GROUP BY functionality is supplied
by PostgreSQL rather than PostGIS, and both projects are written in C.
If you can explain in more detail what you are trying to do, I'm sure
people on the list can point you in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Mark.