[postgis-devel] Review of AsGML() patch - change of AsGML() parameters

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 05:15:53 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 16:35 -0600, Charlie Savage wrote:
> Paul,
>
>  > Shall we roll out 1.3.2? I have the endpoint fix outstanding as
>  > well...
>
> Any chance of getting the updated envelope and extent patches included?
>      As discussed last month, they fix the problems with returning
> invalid geometries when working with points or vertical/horizontal
> lines. I've reattached both patches just in case.
>
> I've also attached the patch that fixes up a broken error message when
> deserializing points (I posted about it a few weeks back).
>
> Charlie

Hi Charlie,

On first glance, postgis_point_deserialize.patch looks fine. The other
two don't look too bad either, although I think they could do with some
comments above the "if (box.xmin == box.xmax ...)" line to explain why
they are returning different types based upon the input parameter.

I think the MSVC patch will have to wait until after another release -
I'm not too worried about this at the moment since we don't support MSVC
yet. Fortunately I should have some spare time next week to look at this
properly...

ATB,

Mark.

--