[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] MSVC Patch #1

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 10:47:19 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 18:07 +0100, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

Hi Mateusz,

(cut)

> Mark,
>
> I haven't track this subject well, but just want to share some euro
> cents. The problem is that Visual C++ compiler does not provide these
> headers. These files come from C99 standard library, addendum to C89,
> also part of POSIX.
>
> Unfortunately, Visual C++ does not provide C99 features, so they are
> better to be avoided for better portability.

:(

> No, unfortunately the situation is the same as with the headers above.
> That's also the reason why we added custom implementation of rounding
> functions with Sandro to GEOS:
>
> http://svn.refractions.net/geos/trunk/source/util/math.cpp

OK so it looks as if we need to include a version of this function
anyway.

> In GDAL, we use separate config.h files.many features, then

Yes. I think the next step would be for Charlie to bring these options
together in a one or two header files and resubmit a patch with just the
header changes (this should easier since I've committed the bulk of the
C changes).

> I hope my notes are helpful, but I'm here if you have more questions
> or want me to test something with Visual C++ 2005.

Yes indeed. My only other outstanding question was there was an
liblwgeom.def exports file provided as part of the patch - can this not
be generated automatically? Or does it require adding DLLEXPORT
definitions to each function?

ATB,

Mark.

--