[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] MSVC Patch #1

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Tue Oct 30 09:53:31 PDT 2007

> Yes indeed. My only other outstanding question was there was an
> liblwgeom.def exports file provided as part of the patch - can this not
> be generated automatically? Or does it require adding DLLEXPORT
> definitions to each function?

Two choices.  First, add a DLLEXPORT definition.  Second, provide a
prebuilt .def file.

Second choice is less invasive, so that's the way I went.  I generated
it using gendef.pl provided by postgresql (see src\tools\msvc) and then
if I remember correctly hand-edited it a bit to remove stuff that
shouldn't be exported.

Auto-generating it would be nice - but how?  Force users to have Active
Perl installed and reuse what postgresql provides.  Write some batch
file?  Just seemed easier to manually create it for now...

Charlie