[postgis-devel] [Fwd: Build Result: 36836 - postgis on fedora-6-extras]

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 14:34:06 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 16:09 -0700, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok, disabled Java related parts in PostGIS spec and PostGIS is in now
> Fedora Core 6 Extras and Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) 5
> (which is for RHEL 5). They will appear in the repositories in next
> day
> or so. So far, we have RPMs for all Fedora Core / RHEL / CentOS in the
> repositories.
>
> Regards, Devrim

Hi Devrim,

I've spent a few hours over this evening playing with Ant, and have come
up with the attached Ant file to build the JDBC driver. The main caveat
is that it doesn't include any JTS JAR support; however I don't believe
many people are using this, and it should be fairly easy to add at a
later date if required.

Can you check to see if you can build on your system? Usage is fairly
simple: copy the build.xml into the java/jdbc directory and then do:

ant
(if your PostgreSQL JDBC driver is at /usr/share/java/postgresql.jar)

or

ant -Dclasspath=path.to.postgresql.jar
(if you need to specify a separate classpath)

Hopefully you should end up passing all the regression tests, along with
2 JAR files and the documentation. If this works for people, I'll commit
to SVN as it would be good to deprecate the Makefile for building this
driver. Testing from Java people (Markus, Norman) would be greatly
appreciated :)

ATB,

Mark.

--