[postgis-devel] RECHECK not supported in PsotgreSQL HEAD any more?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Aug 21 12:41:19 PDT 2008

Sorry to re-chew the RECHECK stuff, but am I right that our consistent
test is just checking that SRIDs are the same? I personally think we
should drop the test for performance reasons and transfer the moral
hazard to the users: if they want to try do index runs across
reference systems, go for it. Besides, if they happen to use *any*
spatial functions in their SQL, they'll get stopped at the point they
enter the function by an SRID test anyways, so the risk of
"surprisingly wrong" results is very low.

P.