[postgis-devel] Updated SVN documentation

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Aug 22 13:17:27 PDT 2008

I think we should include basic installation instructions for Proj4
and GEOS as part of the PostGIS doco.  They should include the
relevant URL to get the source, and the simplest step-by-step: "as
root, ./configure; make; make install".  They should also include the
fix for the standard Linux "gotcha", which is not having
/usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf and running /sbin/ldconfig.

P.