[postgis-devel] Issue 74 in postgis: AddGeometryColumn doesnotdetect search_path properly

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Dec 2 13:24:30 PST 2008

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/GeometryType.htm

Hmm slight correction

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-devel-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-devel-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Obe,
Regina
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 4:19 PM
To: PostGIS Development Discussion
Subject: RE: [postgis-devel] Issue 74 in postgis: AddGeometryColumn
doesnotdetect search_path properly

Always good to have documentation when the memory fails

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ST_GeometryType.
html

That's why GeometryType was the only non ST I kept

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ST_GeometryType.
html

When reading MM documents I do see a lot of reference to

ST_Geometry
	ST_Polygon
	ST_Point

etc.

So I thought the behavior was intentional.  See for example DB2 and they
seem to be the most OGC compliant of all the spatial dbs out there.

http://aix2.caspur.it/ibm/db2/8.1/doc/htmlcd/en_US/index.htm?openup=opt/
rsbp4118.htm