[postgis-devel] Google's issue's tracker

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 02:12:13 PST 2008

Kevin Neufeld wrote:

> Sounds good to me.  I agree that Verified is unclear, though I thought
> the Accepted state is to show that the bug is reproducible.
>
> Paul, Mark, is it possible to change the Verified status to 'Ready for
> Test' and move it to the Open Statuses category?

Yes it is. I've just made the changes, so the complete list of
categories is now:

Open Status List
================

New             = Issue has not had initial review yet
Accepted        = Problem reproduced / Need acknowledged
Started         = Work on this issue has begun
Testing         = Developer has made changes, reporter should verify

Closed Status List
==================

Fixed           = Reporter has verified that the fix worked
Invalid         = This was not a valid issue report
Duplicate       = This report duplicates an existing issue
WontFix         = We decided to not take action on this issue

So in other words, once a bug fix has been committed, the status should
be changed to "Testing" to allow people to report back. Once people
verify the fix, the status should be changed over to "Fixed". Does that
make sense to everyone?

ATB,

Mark.

--