[postgis-devel] Garden test is failing on 1.4

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Dec 12 05:09:37 PST 2008

Ah okay.  More scary - I was able to crash my 1.3.5SVN test with this
garden test.  But my 1.3.5SVN has a mishmush of stuff so hopefully its
just isolated to me.  

Well its good we are going thru this exercise.  I've just revised the
garden script so when you output the results its easier to see where it
failed. Also cleaned up the xsl garden sql generator to use an array of
geometry sets so much less repetitive and easier to expand on.

I was testing the script with
psql -U postgres -d testpostgis -f gardentest.sql -o gardenoutput.txt

and it failed as it was getting to here

SELECT 'ST_LineMerge LineSet: Start Testing Multi/LINESTRING'; 
SELECT ST_AsEWKT(ST_LineMerge(the_geom)),
))  As the_geom 
		FROM generate_series(-60,50,10) As i 
			CROSS JOIN generate_series(40,70, 10) As j)) As
SELECT 'ST_LineMerge LineSet: End Testing Multi/LINESTRING';


-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-devel-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-devel-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 6:13 AM
To: PostGIS Development Discussion
Subject: Re: [postgis-devel] Garden test is failing on 1.4

Obe, Regina wrote:

> This could just be something funky with my install, but I ran the
> test on my 1.4, 3.1.0 GEOS, 8.3.1 install on OpenSUSE and its failing 
> when using ST_Accum with a
> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 1107522 (the type varies from 0
> some other number)
> After dissecting it -- it doesn't always give a cached lookup fail
> ST_Accum, but sometimes gives me an array of booleans like
> Though I don't seem to be able to recreate that behavior.
> Anyrate if people can run this test and let me know if you see
anything odd
>         SELECT ST_Accum(the_geom)
>         FROM (SELECT ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(i,j),4326) As the_geom
>                 FROM generate_series(-60,50,5) As i
>                         CROSS JOIN generate_series(40,70, 5) j) As

Yeah, it looks as if I was a little bit too eager in removing some of 
the old code - I removed a section that was required to set the array 
type. Since this determines the memory alignment used for the array 
elements, PostgreSQL was getting confused. Please test latest SVN where 
you should find this is now fixed.

> Did we get rid of Postgis_JTS_Version().  I guess we should remove it 
> from the docs if we did.  Since it also fails on that.  I remarked out

> of my testing that line.

Yeah, the JTS stuff got ripped out from trunk a long time ago...



Mark Cave-Ayland
Sirius Corporation - The Open Source Experts
T: +44 870 608 0063
postgis-devel mailing list
postgis-devel at postgis.refractions.net

The substance of this message, including any attachments, may be
confidential, legally privileged and/or exempt from disclosure
pursuant to Massachusetts law. It is intended
solely for the addressee. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gardentest.sql
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 98343 bytes
Desc: gardentest.sql
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/attachments/20081212/a0a900ac/attachment.obj>

More information about the postgis-devel mailing list