[postgis-devel] Garden test is failing on 1.4

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Dec 12 06:11:58 PST 2008

Okay this is not quite as bad as I thought.  In theory no one should
ever be doing this except a monkey.  That's what I get for writing
monkey simulators :).

If I change the below query to

SELECT ST_AsEWKT(ST_LineMerge(the_geom)),
	ST_AsEWKT(ST_LineMerge(ST_Multi(the_geom)))

		FROM ((SELECT
ST_MakeLine(ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(i,j),4326),ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(j,i),4326
))  As the_geom
		FROM generate_series(-60,50,10) As i
			CROSS JOIN generate_series(40,70, 10) As j
			WHERE NOT (i = j))) As
foo

Works fine.  So it seems to be an issue if you try to LineMerge a line
where the start and end points are the same.