[postgis-devel] Docbook ID's and <a name> links

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Tue Jul 15 12:10:59 PDT 2008

David William Bitner wrote:
> Man, it'd be nice if the OpenGIS Simple Features implementation for
> SQL and the SQL/MM standards were addressable through html rather than
> just as click through pdf so we could just link right to those.

I agree.  Does anyone know how to link to a bookmark in a pdf doc?  Ie.
this link shows that it is possible, but I have no idea how it was
generated.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikg.uni-hannover.de%2Flehre%2Fkatalog%2Fgis%2Fgis_3_pdffiles%2Fogis_sql_99-049_2432.pdf&ei=OI1WSO22Mob6pgTq4aTxAg&usg=AFQjCNHibcdcwSC6Jz_iT9wiDo4cl-Belg&sig2=UpigPxzWA_B62QoZy6inUw

If we can't link to an html page, at the very least, each function in
the documentation that implements a standard could link to the relevant
portion in the standard's pdf.

-- Kevin