[postgis-devel] Issue 31 in postgis: Negative distance buffer

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Jul 17 04:04:21 PDT 2008

Issue 31: Negative distance buffer
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=31

Comment #5 by joaofgo:
Seems like a similar problem is already in GEOS trac
(http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/158).
 I had some difficulties when trying to find out some information/samples/examples
regarding the use of the XMLTester in GEOS and also regarding the XML
test schema.
However, I was able to assemble some xml files from my test data (used
a simple
script to generate this files based on PostGIS results) and I ran them
through the
XMLTester as suggested for GEOS and also for JTS. The results can be
observed in the
attached files. Seems like there is a high error rate when using
st_buffer (for both
inner and outer rings) and that JTS has got a more conservative error detection
approach (?) compared to GEOS.
  Please check out the syntax for the attached xml files and the
results. I hope that
this tests help to track the problem. Any ideas for results
interpretation? More
testing needed?

Attachments:
	buffer_test.zip  1.3 MB