[postgis-devel] Nice diagrams

Gustavo Henrique Sberze Ribas gribas at cpqd.com.br
Fri Jul 18 05:56:10 PDT 2008

Hi,

> Does not SVG provide the required capabilities? I'm led to believe it
> can be exported directly by a large number of packages. As long as it
> supports vector objects with styles and object groups, it
> should work fine.

  +1 for SVG. You don't even have to export it to a raster format, many
browsers have built-in SVG support (like Opera, Mozilla).

  There's an open source SVG editor called Inkscape that's capable of
doing
drop shadow effects. I've attached a sample created with it for your
evaluation.

Regards,
--
Gustavo