[postgis-devel] Function names in PostGIS

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Jul 21 04:15:39 PDT 2008

I had the same thought too, but thought it would be too confusing to people to go back and change all those so didn't care to voice the concern.  Moving forward is a good idea I think.

It is confusing to have things like ST_Dump() and realize it really isn't an SQL/MM function.  I noticed when looking at SQL Server 2008 - that the functions that are not part of the spec they did not prefix with ST.. so it is easier to tell when you are using proprietary stuff.