[postgis-devel] Function names in PostGIS

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Jul 21 18:40:52 PDT 2008

Good points.  I guess I'm in the "What OGC functions can I count on in all dbs I work with?" mode that I completely forgot about the ease of not having to remember ST_ from PGIS_ or something like that and the3 beauty of having all the functions ordered together.

Even with that mindset when you compare the strengths and weaknesses of  the non-spatial functionality of each of the various different dbs and slight syntactic differences - you end up tackling the same questions slightly differently anyway.  So the most I can hope for at this point is Knowledge Transfer which I guess makes the whole ST_ non ST_ argument much less important.

Thanks,
Regina