[postgis-devel] Using --with-pgconfig in Makefile.in

Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway Jorgen.Austvik at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 25 04:24:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

with-pgconfig/with-pgsql[1] are not used in PostGIS make files (it will
use pg_config from PATH instead of the pg_config supplied to configure).

Attached is a patch which fixes this issue for me.

In addition topology/Makefile has the same issue, but I didn't find a
Makefile.in there, so I haven't fixed it in the attached patch. Maybe it
is time to create a Makefile.in file in the topology folder too?

[1]
configure says:
   --with-pgconfig=FILE    specify an alternative pg_config file
while README.postgis says:
  You can specify it using the --with-pgsql=/path/to/pg_config flag.

Maybe the readme should be updated?

-J
--

Jørgen Austvik, Software Engineering - QA
Sun Microsystems Database Group

http://www.austvik.net/
http://blogs.sun.com/austvik/