[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] create tables smarter

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 07:58:08 PDT 2008

I'm not actually doing this, but I helped someone else on IRC set this up a
while ago because the overlaps operator for time does not make use of any
indexes on time data types.  The solution that he used was to create 1-d
lines (ie 0 1,0 5) that represented a time period so he could just use &&
for an indexed overlaps operator.  A little hacky, but it seemed to work
quite well for him.