[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] GIST index speed

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Jun 9 09:29:05 PDT 2008

Mark,

Is it possible something terrible is happening in LWGEOM_gist_consistent?

The place the slow differs from the fast is that the slow spends a
great deal of time in _memcpy, which is driven by toast fetching,
which is driven by LWGEOM_gist_consistent.

There's lots of activity in the operating system, as well, in
vm_fault, which again reflects the idea that we are doing a lot of
memory allocation.

P.