[postgis-devel] 1.3.3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 02:31:05 PDT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 20:49:33 Paul Ramsey wrote:

> I've closed GBT#8.

Okay that's great.

> I think GBT#6 is "won't fix". It seems related to the proj object
> caching, which means there might be a bunch of other bugs waiting in
> the other new caching functions. And I am sick of the 7.X series :)

Well this is actually my fault - I only tested as far back as 8.0 when I
committed the patch so it's up to me to fix it. The proj caching code is
actually not the cause of this - it's because of adding in the feature to
enable bundling of the PROJ.4 grid shift files for Windows users.

Since Win32 PostgreSQL is only really relevant for PostgreSQL > 8.0, I'm happy
just to #ifdef out that section of code based on the current PostgreSQL
version. We can save the breakage for the 1.4 series ;) I'll see if I can
make that happen today.

> I have a patch for GBT#7 in my local repository, but I don't trust it,
> I'd rather see something done by someone who knows what they are
> doing.

Do we need someone like William to help with this? Without having access to a
Mac it's hard for me to work out why getopt() on a Mac is failing. I suppose
the ultimate solution would be to just create a postgis_ version of the
relevant functions and use those instead, although that does seem really
messy :(

ATB,

Mark.

--