[postgis-devel] Re-organising the PostGIS codebase - to liblwgeom or not liblwgeom?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue May 6 04:04:27 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> I think we can branch trunk to 1.3.x and let development march on
> trunk. That means we're committing to get a bunch of big changes
> through and stabilized before we get to 1.4... hope we're OK with
> that.
>
> I lean towards the above because that way we can all watch/help as you
> start moving things around.
>
> Paul

Hi everyone,

Just an update to let you know that I am still actively working on this,
however it has taken me longer than expected to re-write the autoconf
tests ;)

I'm currently at the stage where I can now use ./configure to correctly
detect PostgreSQL, PROJ.4 and GEOS, and output the configuration
information into a separate configuration file called config.h. What's
left before a 1.3 branch (and initial commit to HEAD) is to finish the
autoconf code with respect to supplying additional -config files/PROJ.4
directories, and then merging everything together with the new
PGXS-style Makefile. Phew!

ATB,

Mark.

--