[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] 1.3.4rc2 Released

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 05:36:11 PST 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:
> Paul,
> Yap I would agree with you on that too.
>
> The only reason I'm coming across them is because I'm trying to document
> which functions you can safely use with them.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

I'm afraid I have to disagree here; there have been *far* too many
untested changes in SVN 1.3 branch to push out a straight release. I'm
currently working on Regina's crash reports which I'm fairly close to
resolving, and after that I have only 2 other patches on the radar:

i) Olivier's AsGML()/AsGeoJSON() patches

ii) Some patch that will allow 1.3.4 to compile against 8.4

iii) Solaris fixes

I don't see i) as being a release stopper, and ii) was argued for by
Paul/Regina. My vote is to allow ii) and push out a new RC to make sure
any fixes and build system changes in ii) haven't broken anything else.

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland