[postgis-devel] Release notes for 1.3.4

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 07:18:19 PST 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:

> My only suggestion.
>
> These I don't consider bug fixes and I think should be moved to Features
> or we create a new section called Enhancements.  To me bug fixes are
> correcting things that don't produce the right outputs rather than
> making turtles faster or more understandable.
>
> Enhancements
> =============
> - Improve PiP code by removing substantial memory leaks and adding
> multi-polygon support (Paul Ramsey)
>
> - Improve GiST consistent performance (Paul Ramsey)
>
> - General documentation improvements (Regina Obe, Kevin Neufield)
>
> - GBT#20: Improved algorithm for ST_DWithin (also proposed
> ST_DFullyWithin ?) (Paul Ramsey)  (I don't think we ever did the
> ST_DFullyWithin)

Yeah, I think renaming the first section from Features to Enhancements
and including the above in Enhancements would work fine (I'm not too
concerned either way). Since Paul is the release manager, I guess we
should let him determine the final text and perform the final commit to
the 1.3 documentation release notes.

ATB,

Mark.

--