[postgis-devel] Issue 72 in postgis: ST_Estimated_Extent sometimes returns null if table exists but not in current schema

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Nov 24 12:21:44 PST 2008

Comment #5 on issue 72 by ke... at refractions.net: ST_Estimated_Extent
sometimes returns null if table exists but not in current schema
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=72

:) Yes, I'm sure he is.

Your function looks great.  I haven't tested it, mind you, but I think the
logic here
looks better than using current_schema().  My 2 cents.

I might change ('r','') to ('r') and add a limit 1.  (I just cut and pasted
the query
from psql using the -E parameter ... nice feature).

If you wanted to get really fancy, you might even try adding a HINT message
indicating the user try extending the search_path or use the 3 param
version.  I'm
not sure how to accomplish this in plpgsql, but Mark figured out how to do
it using
the ereport() function call.