[postgis-devel] 1.4 SVN Compile problems

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 07:51:17 PDT 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:
> This is probably my ineptness at compiling, but I thought I would try to
> experiment with 1.4 and got errors when its trying to compile the
> loader. Errors below.  If I go into lwgeom etc. other directories and
> compile those separately, those seem to compile okay so seems to be just
> the loader that is giving me problems.
>
> What changed between 1.3.4SVN and 1.4SVN for the loader.  I didn't have
> problems compiling 1.3.4SVN.
>
> The others just seem to be warnings (which I don't remember getting
> before) except for this part
> lkrb5 -lz -lreadline -lcrypt -ldl -lm  -o shp2pgsql
> /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.2.1/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lkrb5
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> This is on OpenSUSE 10.3 against a PostgreSQL 8.2.6 install
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

Hmmmm looks as if the extra library dependencies are being added by PGXS
for the PROGRAM target - I have no idea why it feels the need to do this
though? The quick fix is to add the krb5 development headers which
should be in a package named something similar to krb5-devel or libkrb5-dev.

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland