[postgis-devel] Impatient on 1.3.4

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 10:30:30 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Tthe GeoJSON failure is aesthetic, while the curve failure actually
> produces wrong answers. Simply turning off the GeoJSON tests is an
> option, IMO, for the short term.
>
> P.

Well, even I can't say I know if the failures are purely aesthetic as I
haven't had a chance to test Olivier's patch yet ;)  Given that we've
waited this long for 1.3.4, I'd rather spend a few more days making sure
it's right rather than having to release a 1.3.5 at the end of next week.

The fact that the regression tests have flagged a discrepancy has
already shown that the documentation is incorrect, and so we really need
to work on making these tests pass on all platforms. Cutting a release
which fails regression on one of the more popular platforms, or
deliberately disabling them because they *do* fail could be setting us
up for a bad fall...

ATB,

Mark.

--