[postgis-devel] autobuild cleanup - version revisited

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 13:20:33 PDT 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:
> That looks really cool, leaves no room for confusion, and makes us look
> really important.
>
> Although would
> that cause problems with our build since we use that in the docs to infer
> the tars and stuff (or we would continue using the rest of the version
> for that).
>
> Actually that's more along the lines of how SQL Server does it.
> I'm running
>
> SQL Server 9.00.3042.00 (X64)
>
> In case anyone cares.
>
> I suspect that .3042 maps to some repository version number.  I think those
> extra 00s at the end denote whether you are running enterprise, standard
> or something.
>
> Wonder how oracle does it.

I think the 1.3.4SVN/1.4.0SVN tags should be enough - at the end of the
day if someone is running a development version then they must at least
be competent enough to download and build from source. And the first
thing I will say to anyone who files a bug report with an SVN version
tag regardless is download the latest SVN and try again... ;)

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland