[postgis-devel] [WKT Raster] Porting Wiki and documentation

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Apr 13 09:59:25 PDT 2009

This is great Mateusz,

I was to do something similar after easter but you`re just too quick...

>3. "Translate" all micro-Beta versions to Beta versions:
>
>0.1a -> wktraster-0.1
>0.1b -> wktraster-0.2
>0.1c -> wktraster-0.3
>0.2a -> wktraster-0.8

What would you think about:

0.1a -> wktraster-0.1.1
0.1b -> wktraster-0.1.2
0.1c -> wktraster-0.1.3
0.2a -> wktraster-0.2.1
0.2b -> wktraster-0.2.2

instead?

I would suggest we translate just a couple of them and keep a general
planning page so we don't pollute too much the system with our tickets
and we leave room for major changes in the planning. We never know,
maybe at some point we will merge everything with PostGIS. This would
make us benefit much from the system now and keep a plan (easily
modifiable) for the future. This is a bit what I did in the actual wiki.
There is only two planned milestones and all the rest is in a single
page that we can divide in more versions later.

>4. Submit each task specified in the planning & funding as a separate
>Ticket. Such tickets could include all corresponding details like
schedule,
>timing, funds, status and could be easily assigned (and reassigned if
>needed) to partic0.2)  and to developers using Trac features.

Then we would not need the specifications pages? Can we just modify a
ticket entry? Or we can just add replies? A wiki spec page has the
advantage of resulting in a more readable document. If we can edit the
first entry of a ticket then propably it would be better to convert wiki
spec pages into tickets.

>5. The Roadmap and milestone TracLinks can generate reports
automatically,
>so there is no need to craft complex tables on the Wiki page.

Can we get our own milestones? Or we will have to follow PostGIS ones?

Pierre