[postgis-devel] Bored?

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Wed Apr 15 09:18:14 PDT 2009

Pierre Racine wrote
> Regina,
>
> I saw that you have set WIKI_MODIFY and WIKI_CREATE to "authenticated"
> so only authenticated users can create modify pages.
>
> If we want people to contribute to the "Users Wiki" section we should
> set WIKI_MODIFY and WIKI_CREATE for those pages to "anomymous".
>
> Is it possible do assign specific permissions only to certain pages? Or
> should we set "anomymous" for all the wiki pages?

Please, don't do this because it's a bad idea (->spam, ->vandals).
The best practice that has worked very well is that everybody who
wants to submit a ticket or contribute to Wiki needs to register and
obtain so called OSGeo ID.

The procedure is very simple and it really works!

http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot