[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #240: ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology documentation unclear on intersections within a MultiPolygon

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 17 01:24:09 PDT 2009

#240: ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology documentation unclear on intersections within a
MultiPolygon
 Reporter:  perchrh  |       Owner:  robe
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
 Reading the manual on ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology (1) I cannot say if it
 will avoid introducing intersections between polygons in a MultiPolygon,
 or if it only avoids self-intersections in each polygon.

 This uncertainty can be cleared up by specifying which object type(s) are
 referred to in the phrase "..simplification occurs on a object-by-object
 basis".

 mleslie suggested Kevin or Regina will know, and that I assign robe.

 (1) http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-
 svn/ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology.html

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/240>