[postgis-devel] Small boo boo

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Aug 20 10:04:53 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:30:37AM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> I think the solution will have to be along the lines of "If you have
> upgraded from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 and SELECT postgis_full_version() says you
> need to upgrade scripts, run this .sql file" (although of course some
> packagers could incorporate this automatically).

This was the whole idea of an SQL implemented version function.
I belive we have both SQL and C functions for versions for
making that possible.

The rationale was that if one just drops an updated DLL w/out
updating the script he should be warned about that.

Micro version updates were allowed (when I last dealt with that)
to introduce new functions or fixes to existing SQL functions
so you wouldn't get in sync if you didn't run the upgrade.sql
script.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!